Friday, March 6, 2009

Hangin'

Pops is hanging on and actually had some alert moments today. He still does not want to be moved, or repositioned, as this causes pain, but he had some alert moments. I went by in the AM and he was pretty groggy. Adele stayed there as I went to work. You can't put life on hold forever to accomodate a death experience, but I do want him to know that I am at a beckoned call whenever.I have cancelled a lot of stuff the last few days- and now it seems he might be here another week- or maybe go tomorrow. His O2 saturation is about 83 percent. ( Normal is between 90-99). When you are low it means you are not having a good oxygen level in your blood- or your not breathing well.

Plan is to love Pops and accomodate his needs as we can. There are lots of "what do you need?" and such forth. He was alert tonight but in a lot of pain. He got upset when they brought in the medication of methadone to take but he calmed down when I explained why he should take it. He also said he was thirsty and he had some water. He could not pull it up the straw but I put the straw in the water and held the end- that left some water in the straw. This is a Mark Corry technique (owner of the BeeHive Homes) called priming the pump. We primed it, but he still could not do it.

I do not mean to string folks along with blogs- but he could go tonight, or be here for a short while. I do not have the plan from the big man and Pops goes back and forth from levels of effort. I will say this, he is a trooper and is steadfast in his relationship with God. He says he is ready and this is a tribute to his belief and committment to a higher power. You go Lone Star.... I asked Pops in a moment of clarity today who he wanted to see when he went to Heavenz: He responded that he wanted to see his father, George, and also his nephew Eric, Jr. He then said he was realy looking forward to seeing his boy, David, who was lost before my brother Paul. He also said he looked forward to seeing his Uncle Bob- who is just a name to me. Apparentle, he died at about age 60 and was his Dad's brother. This was new to me.

I am complimented with the hits on this site. In the last 2 days there have been over 30 hits from Sydney, Austraila to Singapore- as well as all over the US. Thank you for your caring and please support EE as she moves on from this transition of life. I acn only imagine the loss of someone who has been your key component for over 50 years. My kids still come daily and hug and talk to Pops. I have told them (especially Tatum) if at any point they feel uncomfortable to let me know- and they can say "no". Pops does enjoy them and told Zane yesterday "Your voice is changing"- Dude turned 13 in December and he is now 5'8". KA said "Pops, any words of wisdom for him?" to which Pop could only reply "Keep your.."- on numerous attempts at a further exchanges.
Continued antics will be reported and continued prayers for Mom and Pops will be appreciated. Mom is wiped out "holding vigil" and she is not in the shape to miss rest and burning the candle. we are forcing her to take naps when we are there and get her rest...

No comments: