Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brief Update

Today has been somewhat surreal. KA and I were talking about this earlier. You cannot plan anything when Pops is in the position he is in. She asked me what we wanted for dinner and i'm like "i don't know, that depends". You try to do everyday things, but they have to be put on hold to help him, and Mom. Concern is also for EE/ Mom. She is now weak and wobbly and says she feels faint. Concern is a UTI for her- but I also believe it is the stress that she is under in all this. KA is taking a sample by the Instacare to see if antibiotics are warranted for EE.I t's stressful for all- not just here but family around the country. I just want Pops in minimal pain and to go as easy as possible- but at no point to I want hospice, myself, or anyone play God and help him over the edge. It is coming and it is out of our hands. As we speak Lone Star has a pulse of 110 and an oxygen saturation of 57%. It was as low as 48% earlier and he was battling with his pulse rising to 125 at this time. His temp right now is 103.1 and has been as high as 104.1 with alternating medicines. We are working on trying to keep the saliva/ fluid build up at a minimal level in his mouth as he cannot swallow at all. He has opened his eyes twice today- in times of lowering oxygen levels and high pulse.

No comments: