Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sitting In The Dark

It was recommended by Ethan that we shut off the lights and leave him alone for awhile to see if he will "go". That might work, but seems retarded. If thats what it takes he will go tonight because i'm not planning on staying up partying in the room all night. Mom and KA and I enjoy being with him- even though it can be stressful at times. I do not think it will take that. In the last hour his oxygen saturation has gotten as low as 41%. It is steady as we speak at 46%. Lone Star, or Rasputin as might be his new name, is very peaceful and resting. His breathing has slowed back to where there are lulls in between. I hope that it will come to a peaceful end, as he did have two bouts today where he was in distress. My last question, a medical one, is how low can someone go on oxygen levels and remain alive? I'll hit Google later and find out sometime. As of now, I wanna go back and hang with Pops, in the dark with no lights on. We'll give that a try

No comments: