Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ice Road Truckers

Mom is now in Kansas City until Easter. My buddy Chuck and I drove her stuff that was here in Utah back to KC last week in a period of "bad timing." We drove up to I 70 and headed east. We hit terrible roads pretty much all the way. We went through Denver-airport closed, headed into KC- airport closed. We saw over 30 accidents and saw 6 happen in front of us. Truckers told us we were "crazy" to try to go over Vail pass until it cleared. That is why we are now Ice Road Truckers. Me from Houston and Chuck from LA- experienced winter drivers to say the least.

We made it back and Mom will now leave early next week and go to DeSoto, Texas (near Dallas). She seems to be adjusting well and I know she will be happy when she is settled. Her motto to me when I was there was "bloom where your planted." It will be a process but it is part of the life cycle- not to be dismissed. We all get it. I just read Tuesdays with Morrie and it is interesting how the dealing with death process is so familiar. I enjoyed the book and found it comforting. I am now starting the book about The Last Lecture at Carnegie Mellon. I can't remember the actual title but it seems good so far. Will keep you posted on new events in EE's life and will put my family blog on here someday- just kinda done with it for right now.

No comments: