Monday, March 16, 2009

Tid Bits

Going with Mom today to Metcalf Mortuary to make final plans for Lone Star. She wants to see him one more time. I guess I will too- but have no urge to since "he" is gone. Mom says she feels a little better but still is a fall risk when walking around. We are checking on her and took her out to brunch yesterday after church. She enjoyed getting out and it was a nice 60 degree sunny day with springtime trees in full bloom. I hated going to church- not for the fact of church, but for the fact of "i'm sorry...yadda yadda". I know it is normal and people do it because they care for you and your well being but it just brings it all up.

Something Pop said to me that I didn't ever put on here:
- "You need to grow a beard." Pops and I were talking one day while he was bedbound and I had just shaved him. He reached up and felt my chin as he asked me "Did you shave today?" I said no and he asked me if I was growing a beard. I told him "No- i've never grown a beard- or a goatee." He responded "You should grow a beard soon. Everyone has to grow one at some point in their life." I assume he meant just men, but i'm on day four of a goatee. Beards are just cheesy- unless your getting ready for a winter hunt or excursion. One mans opinion.


I am going to start a new blog on our family. I will still add to this Lone Star blog with pertinent info related to Mom and Pops as well as what happens with his remains. I will also put EE's new address on here when she gets settled. I have all these blog skills and it will be nice to do a lighter blog on our exploits. I'm not even sure what to call it yet. I'm leaning towards ZipNipTip and the Dust Wranglers- or Lumpy, Beauty and the Three Beasts- but we'll see. You will be able to link to it from here- but only of your interested. We are also going to get back on some priorities we had prior to taking on the cancer ordeal. We are going to get back to looking at adopting an adolescent girl from Africa- or somewhere in the proximity. We also are going to camp and get out more as a family group. Also, KA and I are going to take a long weekend and go to the Mandalay Bay in Vegas and lounge by the pool. We'll see. Thank you again to all for thoughts and prayers in this ordeal. please keep them coming for Mom/ EE as it will be hard in the next year as events and anniversaries and such come up. Thanks to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt;
Glad to see you are considering keeping the blog active. Reading the entries, and having seen Mom and Dad in February has helped me break out of feeling numb. Hearing the group gathered in February speak, and particularly Paul's comments to Dad has brought great comfort.

Mark