Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Double A## Kicking

I told you how Zane's soccer team got beat against a "really good team". Well, Noah's team played another "really good team. I'll say it- a pair of 7-0 thrashings sent them both packing. It was not what we had in mind for a break from what has been going on with Pops. Oh well... We did get out and went by a friends last night for ribs and goodies. Thanks Lyle and Wendy for a fun night of Butthead, ConeHead and Guitar Hero. Free Bird will never be the same again. Oh, and I dig the chick rock. I need to download the video of KA and Wendy bouncing up and down to Sabotage from the Beastie Boys. If only we had some pocket wieners the night would have been complete. Ahhh...pocket wieners.

Pops was up a lot last night in a state of agitation and confusion. He was talking about the "fires and the fire trucks". It took a few hours to get him calmed down. It is about noon on Sunday and he is alert and talking. KA did some oral care with him and he had a sip of water. They are having a church service at the BeeHive home and he could hear the organ. He said "it must be 11 o'clock".- so he is pretty "with it" as we speak. We did say a group prayer with him. Me, Pops, Mom and KA all chiming in. It was nice and I believe gave him some comfort even though we could not understand much of what he said.

I need the lock combo. Pops has a Master lock on his toolbox that he has had since I can remember. I know he had it when I was a small child because I remember it. It was put in place because he was tired of my older siblings getting into his tools and leaving them strewn around. Sounds familiar now that I think about it. He had never divulged the lock combo until he got sick. He told me about 6 months ago and I made a big deal about it. I would come up to him and just repeat the combo and he would get an irritated look on his face and say "Now Matt, don't go telling everyone that". Trouble is, I never used it except to get in his toolbox at that time and I can't remember it. I was in his room a few minutes ago and I asked him what it was... and he just smiled. He wouldn't say anything. I'm gonna get it from him- in a moment of clarity. He did start saying he would tell me, but all he said was letters, and it's numbers. I'll know it when he says it right. We are going to try and get him up this afternoon for awhile and I am gonna put the lock in his hand. If that doesn't work i'll bring out the big guns- which is popping the little pinky toe on the foot. Ask my wife and kids, i'll tell you i'm gonna do it and you still can't stop it.

No comments: